Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

my questionaire answers

Edit: This is Cristel's questionnaire. Thx, Des

1.) What is your craft, & how long have you been doing it?
My professional craft is acrylic painting. I do paintings on canvas, and I also do decorative painting on wooden photo frames and other things like that. I also like to crochet and sew stuffies out of old clothes, but I don't sell any of those. I do like to make them for gifts. I have been painting professionally for almost a year and a half, but I had alot of stops and starts before that. I have been crocheting and sewing since I was 7 or 8.

2.) Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
veg-friendly I suppose. My diet is probably 95% veg. I have been a 100% vegetarian before but found it to be too difficult and expensive where I currently live.

3.) What is your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike a color(s)?
My favorite colors are hot pink and orange. I like pastels, sherbet brights, all bright colors, black, white, warm browns and chocolates. The only colors i don't care for much are muted shades like mauve and country blue. Also not a big fan of forest green, burgundy, or dark blue, but I do like eggplant (dark purple).

4.) Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods or cigarette smoke)?
i'm allergic to cats and birds (feathers) but not to a really terrible degree. I am also allergic to cilantro but I eat it anyway. It's worth the allergic reaction.

5.) Do you have any companion animals? If so, names and types?
I have two Blood Parrot fish named Rainbow and Boo Boo Man, two Convict cichlids named Bubbles and Peanut Butter Princess, two plecostamuses that don't have names, and three guppies who have names but I have no idea what they are.

6.) Do you collect anything?
Vintage stuff. Nothing in particular, just things I like, generally from the 40's to the 60's. Bright orange things are always good as they go with my house. Same withhot pink but it's harder to find from those decades. I also collect art, mainly originals.

7.) Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
I love granola, but only granola without raisins. I hate raisins. Nature's Path makes the best granola, but I like many different kinds. I like any kinds of sweets and dried fruits (besides raisins) too. I don't like nutritional yeast. Blegh! Other than that I am not too picky.

8.) What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)

I am hard on my paint brushes and am always needing to replace them. I have to replace small detailers most often, but I get alot of use out of all sizes of brushes. I am also always needing more unfinished wooden things to paint. I prefer clean lines and no embellishment as this has the best results. Can never have to many stretched canvases either, I use all sizes and shapes, but only the ones with no visible staples on the sides. I use craft paints to paint with, and I have lots of colors but I'm sure I could always use more. I am always welcoming of more yarn. I have enough crochet hooks.

9.) What type of handmade item would tickle your fancy? What don't you like? (Keep in mind this swap is open to all types of crafters.)
I don't wear rings or bracelets but anything else is fair game. My house is very matchy-matchy so anything meant to be displayed should ideally match the color scheme (have lots of photos on flickr) or at least blend in. I love zines and stuffies, and stuffies do not have to match my house. ;) I also like scarves and hats and mittens in all kinds of colors. I misplace them alot so I like to keep many extras on hand. I have alot of bags but would still be welcoming of an especially cool and unique addition. I always find uses for them, especially decent sized totes. I really need one of those plastic grocery bag holder things too. Bags are taking over my drawer!

10.) Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I'm addicted to makeup and vintage womens'/girls' magazines (anything from the 70's and prior). I also like scented things, the more heavily scented the better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?